After purchasing a subscription you will receive an activation code by email. This activation code needs to be assigned to a particular system in order to get the license for it. This can be done either when starting Mistika VR software or with the SGOActivationTool, which is a separate tool also installed in the system.
If this process is not working for you, please check these points:
- In addition to the emails, you can also find your activation codes in your account:
- Make sure that you are running the latest version. You can get the software at www.sgo.es/my-account/downloads . Old versions are known to fail with current licensing processes.
- Check that internet connection is working. For using the activation code you need an internet connection. (once you get the license no internet connection is needed until next renewal). If you do not have internet connection but you have a license file please check the next point.
- Activation codes and license keys: An "activation code" is not the same as a "license key". An "activation code" is what you get first, and it is generic: It permits to obtain a "license key" for an specifc computer (but only one).
Once that the activation code has been assigned to a computer then you will receive a "license key" for that specific computer, which will be installed automatically in a license file. The license key is not generic and it will only work on that computer. Meanwhile, the activation code can not be used to get more license keys until it is unassigned from the previous computer (which will invalidate the license key that it had).
Once the activation code has been assigned to one computer the sucessive license keys will be obtained automatically as long as an internet connection is available. But if you don't have an internet connection you can also do the process manually by using the SGOActivationTool->Offline Mode.
- If the activation code has been already used, it needs to be unassigned before using it in other system. (See the article about license reallocations)
- An antivirus or a windows Firewall could be blocking the connection between the license server and SGO on line activation services. You many need to deactivate those applications for a while. This is a typical issue on some windows systems, please follow this procedure to fix it:
Open the SGOActivationTool and check the color of the two LED lights in the top left corner. They should be green.
* If the license server light is red, check if the sgoLicenseServer.exe process is running
If it is running, deactivate your firewall for a moment and check if that fixes the problem
If it is not running, try to start it manually. The license server is named sgoLicenseServer.exe (Windows) or sgoLicenseServer.bin (Mac), and it is located in C:\Program Files\SGO\ProductName\bin ) and check if it fixes the problem.
* If the sgoLicenseServer is not even in that directory then it means that an antivirus software has blocked the installation. Please deactivate the antivirus and reinstall the software, then reactivate the antivirus when the license is working
- The activation code was purchased with a different email account, and now you get an error that the activation code belongs to other user . When a user purchase an activation code it is registered to its email address, and no other users can make modifications to it. Please make sure you use the same email address when you are activating the license or making any change to its state. For security reasons, using a different email account is not permitted.
- The license file could be corrupted or not correct. It can happen in rare cases, if it was installed manually or if something went wrong during the licensing process. You can refresh the license file by deleting it and doing a reboot (in this way, the license server will connect automatically and it will get the license file online). The license file is named sgoLicenseV5.dat, and it is in the directory %PROGRAMDATA%/sgo. (or in the /var/flexlm folder in the case of Mac). Delete it and reboot the system
- If none of the above solved the problem then we recommend to deactivate the activation code (etiher with the SGOActivation tool or in your online account) , also remove the license file (sgoLicenseV5.dat), and then activate the code again.
Note: The license server can not run in a virtual machine or virtual mac address: Mistika products need a physical network interface for the license to work, virtual network interfaces are not supported. However, all the licenses are "floating licenses", which means that you can install the software in a physical machine and then use it as a license server for the virtual machine.
For doing this, nothing special needs to be configured in the server system (just install the license as if it was for it). Regarding the the client computer (or virtual machine), all SGO products permit to tell the ip of the license server in the SGOActivationTool settings wheel , and also in the license dialogue that will appear when opening the application. Alternatively, you can also do it by creating this environment variable in the operating system of the client computer:
Environment variable: SGO_ELMHOST
Value: The ip address of the license server computer.