Mistika Insight is a learning version for Mistika Ultima, and it works on Windows and Mac platforms
Mistika Insight is a free of cost / not for production version of Mistika Ultima. It was initially designed for training centers, and now it is also available for the personal computers of students, operators and freelancers who want to learn the Mistika software. With this tool, you can learn and practice the Mistika core technology without the need of expensive hardware, and without the need to install a different operating system on your computer.
Platforms: Mistika Insight provides most of the interface and base functionality of Mistika Ultima, and it currently works in Windows and Mac. (Meanwhile, Mistika Ultima only works on certain Linux platforms)
Hardware: Mistika Insight is designed to work in low cost hardware. A small laptop with 1920x1080 display and 8Gb RAM is enough. It is also recommended to connect a second monitor when possible, but not mandatory. A modern GPU is highly recommended (ideally NVidia or AMD), but not necessarily high end. It is neither necessary to have many CPU cores, as the parallel processing capabilities of the Insight version are limited anyway. However, in exchange Mistika Insight is optimised to run in low spec hardware as laptops and normal PCs, and it is where its performance will shine when compared with other applications.
Evaluations: Mistika Insight is not a production version and neither it is and evaluation version. For those purposes please contact our sales channels.
Support: Mistika Insight is supported trough the official training centers and trough the Insight forum in this website, where our product specialists also participate. But you can also open a support ticket if necessary.
Licensing: Trough the online tools in our website. They are available once you register your personal account. The licensing procedures are described in this document
Learning tools: The main documentation and tutorials are the same as for Mistika Ultima. Please check the Mistika Ultima section in the knowledge base to find the learning resources (below you will find the main differences as a reference). In addition, Mistika Insight will have its own specialised weminars and tutorials, which are organised and published in the forums section.
Differences between Mistika Insight and Mistika Ultima
The following tools are mentioned in the Mistika Ultima documentation, but currently not supported on Mistika Insight. (this list will be reduced over the time in some aspects as we progress in the development of Mistika Insight, we will keep this document updated ):
- Linux version is not yet available for Mistika Insight. Currently it supports Windows and Mac.
- Stereo 3D, 2Dto3D, and VR tools. (For VR tools see the Mistika VR product)
- DCP module
- Advanced export and conform tools EDL/AAF/XML
- Advanced render codecs and uncompressed render formats. (most formats can be read on Mistika Insight, but only a few compressed codecs can be written by now)
- Resolutions higher than Full HD can be read, but not rendered.
- BatchManager, Playback Cache, Totem, Background render, and other render-farm related tools.
- Live streaming
- Burn live / Virtual Slate
- Performance modules for advanced storage architectures
- SDI HD / 4K / 8K video boards, and the corresponding dual link / HFR / HDR outputs
- AES audio outputs and professional audio sync (Instead, Mistika Insight use the motherboard audio)
- Colour panels (Tangent, Precision)
- Multi GPU
- Unlimited number of CPU cores.
Apart from this, the functionality and interface are almost identical. As a difference from the past, since August 2017 both Mistika Ultima and Mistika Insight are already in the same version (8.6 at this date) and we plan to keep their versions as close to each other as possible.